Recess Creative is adding to our group of talented and creative professionals here in Cleveland. We’re looking for an organized, dedicated and passionate Account Director with Marketing/Advertising and/or Digital Agency background. The role of an Account Director at Recess is that of a Conductor. Through exceptional organization, it is up to you to make sure the Recess Orchestra does not miss a note.
- Build a relationship with clients to understand their communication challenges. This requires more than just attending meetings and asking them what their needs are. It requires gaining a deep knowledge of their business problems that are trying to be solved.
- Be a strategic partner. Our clients are often very busy people with very specific vertical knowledge. Your creativity and strategic knowledge from working in a vertically agnostic role allows you the expertise to think outside of the their box and offer strategic and creative solutions to their communication problem.
- Push the team to meet client deadlines and budgets without impacting quality or overtaxing resources.
- Be an advocate for your client. Review work internally with a critical eye for the client to increase the likelihood of work being met with client approval.
- Have the ability to communicate to clients why decisions have been made (ideally relating back to the creative brief).
- Capture client feedback in a structured organized manner to be delivered to the appropriate parties via Task/ Work Order.
- Gather feedback from clients at the completion of each project and use learning to better working relationships.
- Ensure that project requirements are clearly understood by all employees involved.
- Set and communicate deadlines and expectations for all Tasks.
- Ensure that all employees have the right tools needed to work effectively (e.g., specs, logos, Creative Brief, clear deadlines).
- Remind the team of upcoming deadlines and expectations.
- Warn Client and Managing Partners if and why deadlines are going to be missed.
- Clearly communicate full project plan internally and with clients. Gently remind clients if delays are affecting timeline
- Manage internal iterations (Task) of deliverable and ensure that all employees understand their roles prior to Client Presentations.
- Ensure quality by ensuring proofreading and product testing is thoroughly completed.
- Ensure that project, task and bill code are open and closed at appropriate times.
- Ensure that all files are properly named and archived to Mavenlink.
- Play an essential role in business development through the means of organic growth with existing clients.
- Oversee all aspects of projects to ensure that work is completed according to client expectations, timeline and budget.
- Manage project forecast from project start to finish.
- Ensure all SOWs are clearly written with nothing left up to interpretation.
- Ensure all work is accompanied by well written Task and Creative Brief
- Report project budget and status to Managing Partners and Clients on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Manage client expectations and Change Requests according to Statements of Work.
- Perform internal and client post-mortems on all projects.
- Project Management.
- Performance Management
- Writing Skills
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Results Driven.
- Problem Solving.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
- Business Acumen.
This is a full-time position and the candidate will work directly out of our sweet downtown Cleveland, Ohio office. Benefits include: Complete Health - Medical, Dental, Vision & Life, Disability, and IRA with company match & PTO.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
If you think you’d be a great fit, and love deli sandwiches, please apply with your resume and relevant experience.
Apply for this Position
Thanks. Your application has been received and we’ll hopefully be in touch soon.